Here are some helpful guidelines for choosing the right level for you and your household:
CONSIDER CHOOSING A HIGHER CUSTOMER LEVEL IF YOU…
- Have higher earning power due to your education, gender, racial privilege, or class.
- Have access to money through Individual Retirement Account (IRA), 401-(k), or Deferred Compensation Account.
- Have access to family money.
- Have investments.
- Own your own home.
- Don’t have trouble paying for groceries.
- Work from home or otherwise have maintained employment at a living wage during the pandemic.
CONSIDER CHOOSING A LOWER CUSTOMER LEVEL IF YOU…
- Receive any kind of public assistance (i.e., SNAP, TANF, WIC, Unemployment, SSDI)
- Have immigration-related expenses.
- Have medical expenses not covered by insurance.
- Experienced a significant lack of employment/income during the pandemic.